The 2022 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide is a delight for both the onlooker and the rider.
Harley-Davidson has come up with many innovative and catchy models in their CVO lineup for 2022, and the 2022 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide is one of its kind.
With the latest technology and significant enhancements in the case of engine and features, the 2022 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide is all set to start production and hit the markets. The CVO lineup for 2022 consists of four new models.
The CVO Road Glide, the CVO Road Glide Limited, The CVO Street Glide, and the CVO Tri Glide. All the above-mentioned are part of the Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operation series.
Harley-Davidson is looking forward to surprising its customers with the all-new Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO for 2022. The bike received major upliftings in terms of technology and features. The performance enhancements and the superior engine ensure a pleasant ride for the customer.
There are three color offerings, with Wicked Orange Pearl/Black Hole w/ Lightning Silver Two-Tone and Bright Chrome finishes at the top of the line, commanding a $3000 premium over the $41,899 MSRP, which doesn’t include the $1000 surcharge for inflation-related increases in the prices of raw materials.
Wicked Orange is a direct collaboration with Gunslinger Custom Paint. Here’s how an insider at Harley-Davidson described the process:
- Complex color stack-up which requires paint masks cut and applied by hand
- Drop shadow airbrushed by hand
- Pinstriping applied by hand – those sharp corners on the pinstripes can only be achieved by hand
Harley-Davidson Vice President of Design Brad Richards describes the relationship between The Motor Company and Gunslinger Custom Paint:
“Gunslinger is our partner in custom paint that’s been adding incredible artisanal techniques to our CVO arsenal and family for a long time now, and they’re inspiring us to push the limits, so we try to do the same thing with them.
When most manufacturers are at the limits of a robot, Gunslinger can go in there with an artist who has the ability to brush by hand and deliver the sharpest pinstripe possible.
That hand-applied technique allows for very intricate two-tones, three-tones, airbrush drop shadows, and really transcends the ‘expected’ by delivering a truly custom look.”
There are also some new decorative insert finishes on the 2022 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide. The Blue Steel paint version also gets scorched chrome powertrain covers.
Returning features include the Milwaukee-Eight 117 motor, Harley-Davidson Cornering Rider Safety Enhancements electronics suite, Rockford Fosgate Sound, and Daymaker Adaptive LED headlight.
A wireless headset is standard with the 2022 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide, and it allows full integration with the Boom! Box GTS infotainment system and Apple CarPlay.
2022 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide Specs
- Type: Milwaukee-Eight 117 V-twin
- Displacement: 117 cubic inches (1923cc)
- Bore x stroke: 4.016″ x 4.5″
- Maximum power: 106 horsepower @ 4750 rpm
- Maximum torque: 126 ft-lbs @ 3750 rpm
- Compression ratio: 10.2:1
- Valvetrain: Single cam w/ pushrods; 4 vpc
- Cooling: Air and oil
- Lubrication: Dry sump
- Transmission: 6-speed Cruise Drive
- Clutch: Wet multiplate w/ assist and slipper functions
- Primary drive: Chain
- Final drive: Belt
- Frame: Mild tubular steel w/ two-piece stamped and welded backbone
- Front suspension; travel: Showa 49mm Dual Bending Valve; 4.6 inches
- Rear suspension; travel: Emulsion shock w/ hand-adjustable spring-preload; 2.1 inches
- Wheels: Gloss Black and Contrast Chrome Combo
- Front wheel: 21 x 3.5
- Rear wheel: 18 x 5
- Front tire: 130/60 x 21; Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series D408F
- Rear tire: 180/55 x 18; Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series D407
Front brakes: 300mm floating discs w/ 4-piston calipers
- Rear brake: 300mm fixed discs w/ 4-piston caliper
- ABS: Standard
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 64 inches
- Seat height: 26.8 inches
- Rake: 26 degrees
- Fork angle: 29.25 degrees
- Trail: 6.8 inches
- Fuel capacity: 6 gallons
- Estimated fuel consumption: 41 mpg
- Curb weight: 893 pounds
- Blue Steel Solid Color and Scorched Chrome finishes
- Envious Green with Black Hole Fade w/ Flame Pattern and Gloss Black finishes
- Wicked Orange Pearl/Black Hole w/ Lightning Silver Two-Tone and Bright Chrome finishes (+$3000)