The 2022 Harley-Davidson CVO Street Glide model is a super-premium bagger for the rider who rolls loud and proud. The classic silhouette of the batwing fairing topped with jaw-dropping paint and finish details, premium audio and the pavement-peeling power of the Milwaukee-Eight 117 engine make this one outrageous bike.
Premium limited-production factory custom models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) offer the most-discerning rider a very special motorcycle designed to represent the pinnacle of style and design from the world’s most-desirable motorcycle brand.
Exclusive and hand-crafted paint and designs are executed to a level of intricate quality that is unmatched in the motorcycle and automotive categories. Each is powered by a Milwaukee- Eight 117 powertrain.
Other standard features include a premium Harley-Davidson Audio powered by Rockford Fosgate system, a Boom! Audio 30K Bluetooth Helmet Headset, and Cornering Rider Safety Enhancements by Harley-Davidson, a technology designed to enhance rider confidence during unexpected situations or poor road conditions.
Each CVO model offers all-new paint options for 2022. The Hightail Yellow Pearl/Black Hole with Lightning Silver Two-Tone and Bright Chrome finishes will run you an extra $3000.
In contrast, the Blue Steel solid color and Scorched Chrome finishes, as well as the Envious Green with Black Hole Fade with Flame Pattern and Gloss Black finishes, can be had for the standard MSRP of $41,899 (plus an inflation-reflecting $1000 “Surcharge”).
The Blue Steel version gets an exclusive bonus—scorched chrome powertrain covers. Gunslinger Custom Paint out of Golden, Colorado, works with The Motor Company on the paint.
There’s a massive list of features that make the CVO a motorcycle from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations. Power comes from a Milwaukee-Eight 117 aided by a Screamin’ Eagle Heavy Breather intake. In addition to the music of the V-twin, there’s a Rockford Fosgate Stage II sound system with speakers in the side-case lids.
Safer riding is assured by the Harley-Davidson Cornering Rider Safety Enhancements—a sophisticated electronics package that includes many cornering-aware functions, including linked braking, ABS, and traction control. You also get electronically controlled engine compassion braking, hill hold control, and tire pressure monitoring.
An infotainment-infused 6.5-inch TFT screen helps keep track of the broad range of features via Boom! Box GTS software and Apple CarPlay. A Boom Audio 30K Bluetooth helmet headset is a standard feature for the 2022 Harley-Davidson CVO Street Glide, allowing the rider to communicate with others via a mesh-capable intercom.
Other goodies include the Kahuna Collection—passenger pegs, brake pedal cover, shifter peg, muffler end caps, and heated handgrips. The Daymaker Adaptive LED headlight looks into dark corners when leaned over after dark.
2022 Harley-Davidson CVO Street Glide Specs
- Type: Milwaukee-Eight 117 V-twin
- Displacement: 117 cubic inches (1923cc)
- Bore x stroke: 4.075” x 4.5”
- Maximum power: 106 horsepower @ 4750 rpm
- Maximum torque: 126 ft-lbs @ 3750 rpm
- Compression ratio: 10.2:1
- Valvetrain: Single cam w/ pushrods; 4 vpc
- Cooling: Air and oil
- Lubrication: Dry sump
- Transmission: 6-speed Cruise Drive
- Clutch: Hydraulically actuated w/ assist and slipper functions
- Primary drive: Chain
- Final drive: Belt
- Frame: Mild tubular steel w/ two-piece stamped and welded backbone
- Front suspension; travel: Showa 49mm Dual Bending Valve; 4.6 inches
- Rear suspension; travel: Emulsion shocks w/ hand-adjustable spring-preload; 2.1 inches
- Wheels: Gloss Black and Contrast Chrome Fugitive (Gloss Black with Contrast Smoked Satin Fugitive optional)
- Front wheel: 19 x 3.5
- Rear wheel: 18 x 5
- Front tire: 130/60 x 19; Dunlop Harley-Davidson D408F
- Rear tire: 180/55 x 18; Dunlop Harley-Davidson D407
Front brakes: 300mm floating discs w/ 4-piston calipers
- Rear brake: 300mm fixed discs w/ 4-piston caliper
- ABS: Cornering aware
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 64 inches
- Seat height: 27.2 inches
- Rake: 26 degrees
- Fork angle: 29.25 degrees
- Trail: 6.7 inches
- Fuel capacity: 6 gallons
- Estimated fuel consumption: 41 mpg
- Curb weight: 866 pounds
- Blue Steel solid color and Scorched Chrome finishes
- Envious Green with Black Hole Fade with Flame Pattern and Gloss Black finishes
- Hightail Yellow Pearl/Black Hole with Lightning Silver Two-Tone and Bright Chrome finishes (+$3000)