Instead of a single 320mm disc, the 2022 Honda CBR500R has a pair of 296mm discs. They are radially mounted and feature four-piston Nissin calipers. ABS is standard.
The discs are bolted to a new wheel of the 2022 Honda CBR500R ABS. Actually, both ends get new cast-aluminum five-spoke wheels. They’re lighter, which makes handling more agile. Plus, there’s less resistance to acceleration, as well as reduced inertia to overcome when braking.
The rear wheel rolls inside a new swingarm. Honda engineers lightened the swingarm by two pounds while retaining the same level of strength.
A new Showa SFF-BP inverted fork tops off the changes to the front end of the new 2022 Honda CBR500R ABS. The 41mm fork features separate damping functions in each fork leg, plus big-piston damping rods for more precise action.
Returning is the agreeable 471cc parallel twin. It’s matched with a six-speed transmission, and a clutch with assist and slipper functions.
There are two color choices for the 2022 Honda CBR500R ABS: Grand Prix Red and Sword Metallic Silver. You should be able to check out the sport motorcycle in person this month at a helpful Honda dealer.
- Type: Parallel twin
- Displacement: 471cc
- Bore x stroke: 67.0 x 66.8mm
- Compression ratio: 10.7:1
- Fueling: EFI w/ 34mm throttle bodies
- Valvetrain: DOHC; 4vpc
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet multiplate w/ assist and slipper functions
- Final drive: O-ring chain
- Frame: Diamond-shaped steel tube
- Front suspension; travel: Non-adjustable Showa SFF-BP 41mm inverted fork; 4.3 inches
- Rear suspension: Linkage-assisted, spring-preload adjustable shock; 4.7 inches
- Wheels: 5-spoke aluminum
- Front tire: 120/70 x 17
- Rear tire: 160/60 x 17
- Front brakes: 296mm discs w/ 4-piston radially mounted Nissin calipers
- Rear brake: 240mm disc w/ single-piston caliper
- ABS: Standard
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 55.5 inches
- Rake: 25.5 degrees
- Trail: 4.0 inches
- Seat height: 31.1 inches
- Fuel capacity: 4.5 gallons
- Curb weight: 423 pounds
- Colors: Grand Prix Red; Sword Silver Metallic
2022 Honda CBR500R ABS Price: $7199 MSRP