The 2022 Kawasaki Z650 RS is a new model this year, and we’ve run down all the differences between the RS and the standard Z650. So, we’ll focus on the different takes of the 50th Anniversary models.
The standard 2022 Kawasaki Z650 definitely doesn’t have a retro look—it’s a thoroughly modern design. The 50th Anniversary edition is a cosmetic makeover. Firecracker red paint and plastic lead the way, contrasting with the gloss-black frame and a special seat cover.
This is joined by silver and dark blue highlights along the top of the bike, and silver pinstripes on the red wheels. Additionally, the Z650 50th Anniversary has gold touches—the Z emblem, Kawasaki logo, and Z 50th Anniversary logo on the front fender.
The 2022 Kawasaki Z650 RS 50th Anniversary flaunts layered Candy Diamond Brown paint in the distinctive 1972-style Fireball paint scheme, set against a gloss black frame. The side covers get a distinctive 650 logo underlined by Double Overhead Camshaft—1972 revisited.
Other nice touches include a unique seat cover with matching stitching, plus a chrome grab bar for the passenger. Finally, the tank gets a Z 50th Anniversary tank logo.
2022 Kawasaki Z650 (and Z650RS) 50th Anniversary Specs
- Type: Parallel twin
- Displacement: 649cc
- Bore x stroke: 83 x 60mm
- Maximum torque: 49 ft-lbs @ 6500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 10.8:1
- Valvetrain: DOHC; 4vpc
- Fueling: EFI w/ 36mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Transmission: 6-speed w/ Positive Neutral Finder
- Final drive: Sealed chain
- Frame: Steel trellis
- Front suspension; travel: Non-adjustable 41mm fork; 4.9 inches
- Rear suspension; travel: Spring-preload adjustable horizontal shock; 5.1 inches
- Wheels: Cast spoke-style
- Tires: Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2
- Front tire: 120/70 x 17
- Rear tire: 160/60 x 17
- Front brakes: 300mm petal-type rotors w/ 2-piston calipers
- Rear brake: 220mm petal-style disc w/ single-piston caliper
- ABS: Bosch 9.1M
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 55.5 inches (Z650RS: 55.3 inches)
- Rake: 24.0 degrees
- Trail: 3.9 inches
- Seat height: 30.9 inches (Z650RS: 31.5 inches)
- Fuel capacity: 4.0 gallons
- Curb weight: 412 pounds (Z650RS: 410 pounds)
- 2022 Kawasaki Z650 50th Anniversary: Firecracker Red
- 2022 Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary: Candy Diamond Brown
2022 Kawasaki Z650 50th Anniversary: $8299 MSRP
2022 Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Price: $9249 MSRP