At 150,000 tons and with a capacity for 3,400 guests, the modern mega-ship ships have become the largest to have ever been outsourced to a ship management company.
As previously reported, V.Ships Leisure is also overseeing the three Crystal Cruises ocean vessels.
According to sources, the World Dream and Genting Dream are in the process of being brought down to minimal manning levels; with a substantial crew repatriation effort underway.
The Genting Dream remains in Hong Kong while the World Dream is arrested in Singapore. Each of the Genting Dream cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and a detailed review of all the deck’s venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides a piece of extensive information on Genting Dream staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Genting Dream (built 2016, last drydocked in 2020 January) is the first ship in the fleet of Dream Cruises – a Chinese premium brand launched by the multinational corporation Genting Hong Kong (GHK). The vessel is the first large-size cruise ship built for a Chinese line company, followed by sister-ship World Dream (2017). It features a modern design (similar to NCL Breakaway and NCL Getaway ships) and amenities rivaling the world’s largest cruise liners from the fleets of RCI Royal Caribbean, Carnival and NCL Norwegian. As GT tonnage, the ship equalsNCL Epic.
MS Genting Dream cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1674 cabins for 3352 passengers (max occupancy is 3400 guests) served by 2016 crew/staff. The ship has 14 passenger accessible decks (out of 18), with 35 restaurants, bars and lounges, 2 swimming pools, 4 jacuzzies, 16 elevators, Water Park with 6 waterslides, outdoor movie screen, 3D Cinema, Rope Course, Zip Line, over 1100 m2 (10760 ft2) of retail shops. The ship also has 2 mini-submarines (luxury submersibles) with capacity 4 passengers each.
- Main dining places onboard are named “Windows” (MDR / dining room), “Genting Palace” (MDR / dining room), World Buffet (lido restaurant), Aeris Spa Cafe, Bread Box, Tiffin Cafe, Umi Uma Sushi Bar (Japanese), Silk Road & Cabaret (Chinese).
- Main entertainment venues onboard are named Bar City (complex), Zouk (nightclub), Genting Casino, Red Lion Pub, Zodiac Theatre (999 seats, 3D movies), Genting Rouge Lounge, Cinema at Sea.
This cruise ship features the world’s first-ever at sea “Penfolds Wine Vault” (partnership with the Australian winemaker Penfolds). Wine connoisseurs are able to indulge in an array of rare wines and premium vintages from one of the world’s leading wineries.
- The wine list features “Penfolds Bin 170” (celebrating the winemaker’s 170th anniversary) and “Penfolds Grange 2010” (a vintage top-rated by highly respected international critics).
- Food pairing opportunities – expert chefs and sommeliers work together to ensure that only the finest wines are served to match the culinary delights served from one of the ship’s many state-of-the-art kitchens.
- The exclusive collaboration also resulted in the ultra-rare “Penfolds Aevum Imperial Service Ritual” – a distinctive vessel specially handcrafted by the legendary European glass- and crystal house Saint-Louis. It is also one of only five in the world. Designed to hold the 2012 Penfolds Grange Imperial in honor of the winemaker’s flagship brand and one of the most highly regarded Grange vintages, the Aevum Imperial Service Ritual (hand-blown crystal masterpiece objet d’art) aboard Genting Dream is the only one showcased at sea.
|Owner||Chinese Percept Limited|
|Operator||Star Cruise Administrative Services|
|Port of registry||Nassau, Bahamas|
|Route||Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Brunei|
|Laid down||29 July 2015|
|Launched||19 August 2016|
|Maiden voyage||4 November 2016|
|In service||4 November 2016|
|Out of service||2 March 2022|
|Status||Not in service|
|Class and type||Genting-class cruise ship|
|Length||335.33 m (1,100 ft 2 in)|
|Beam||39.7 m (130 ft 3 in)|
|Draft||8.3 m (27 ft 3 in)|
|Installed power||Total Installed Power: 76 800 kW|
|Propulsion||3 bow thrusters, 2 azimuth thrusters|